Thoughts and insights from a Wellness Expert
Thoughts and insights from a Wellness Expert
Calling all dieters....hear ye! hear ye!
So you want to lose weight.
You have tried all the diets, starved yourself exercised until you ache all over and it´s just not working.
You managed the diet , exercised, looking great however struggling to keep to what you feel is your ideal weight.
What you believe about dieting and how to lose weight is arse about face as we say in Scotland.
Successful dieting is not about losing the excess fat, it´s about keeping it off.
Diets, no matter what kind, don´t work. As soon as you come off the diet the weight starts piling on again, and it´s harder to shift this time around. That´s why most diets are referred to as the yo-yo diet.
This is the BIGGY - diets are NOT a long term solution to weight control.
As always I like to KISS - Keep It Super Simple
In order to lose weight and keep your ideal weight you need to first of all
Then and this is what we need to look at arse about face.......
In general the only people that think about their blood sugar are people who have been diagnosed as diabetic, however, this is the key to successful weight loss and control.
Your body is constantly striving for balance, when any system is out of balance it results in dis - ease and your health suffers. Every illness and disease is simply an imbalance in the body. Find the imbalance, correct it and we restore health.
Excess weight is an imbalance in the body.
Your blood sugar level is the amount of glucose, from what you eat, that’s circulating in your bloodstream to provide energy to cells immediately or be stored for future use.
When we eat, our body converts carbohydrates into glucose, this is how we get our energy. When our blood sugar levels rise the body produces a hormone called insulin in order to allow the glucose to enter your cells and give you energy.
Insulin and weight gain
When glucose is able to enter your cells then glucose levels in your blood drop. The higher your blood sugar , the more insulin you produce. Glucose that your body cells do not use accumulates as fat. If you have too much insulin circulating it will also hinder the body´s ability to break down fat. So as you can see increased blood sugar leads to increased insulin production.
Ironically, not getting enough sugar can also lead to putting on extra pounds!
Eating too little glucose can lead to a low blood sugar level, causing your body to go into “starvation mode” and then it will burn your lean muscle instead of the fat .
So how do we do this using the KISS method?
1. Make sure you drink enough good water daily.
Are you hungry or thirsty? Quite often when we feel hungry the body is actually thirsty.
Water helps the body metabolize stored fat, rid the body of waste (as in unwanted fat and toxins), and is a natural diuretic and a natural laxative.
The way to tell if you are hydrated enough is how often you have to pee and whether your urine is clear with no strong smell. If you do not have to pee every 1 - 1.5 hours during the day and your urine is concentrated and smells then you need to drink more water. What simpler way could the body have to tell us we are dehydrated. How many of us listen!
2. Maintain a healthy acid/alkaline balance in the body.
This can be done with diet.
3. Eat regularly throughout the day to maintain blood sugar levels.
Avoid eating white flour products , eat more fruit, vegetables, nuts and berries.( these all help to burn fat and maintain blood glucose levels) Avoid drinking soda, replace with carbonated water if you need the bubbles!
You do not have to suddenly become the most frequent visitor at the gym. Take a walk, stretch and bend, whatever you are doing do it consciously and exaggerate the movement a little.
The biggest hurdle people face when they are focusing on their weight is , they are focusing on losing weight. Change the focus = lose the weight!
The above is meant to give you an oversight into how easy it can be to maintain your natural body weight. It does not have to be difficult and it is not about depriving yourself. If you would like more details contact me for a chat!
Proper breathing is one of the most beneficial things that you can do for your physical and emotional health.
We can survive for a time without food or even water. We cannot survive without breathing!
Breathing not only supplies our organs with oxygen, it also rids the body of waste products and toxins.
When we are in pain, stressed or anxious we have a tendency to hold our breathe or breathe shallow breathes. This sends a distress signal to our brain and can make the situation worse.
By using breathing exercises we can avoid this.
Are you a chest breather? or an abdomen breather?
Place your right hand on your chest and your left hand on your abdomen. Breathe in , which hand moves higher. If your right hand is higher, you are a chest breather. If your left hand is higher, you are an abdomen breather.
When you are Chest breathing it is inefficient because then the greatest amount of blood flow occurs in the lower lobes of the lungs, areas that have limited air expansion in chest breathers. Rapid, shallow, chest breathing results in less oxygen transfer to the blood and subsequent poor delivery of nutrients to the tissues. This is a learned habit, so therefore, like when you learn to drive, you can train the body to improve its breathing technique.
If you do this consciously and regularly you will breathe from the abdomen most of the time, even while asleep.
Breathing exercises should be done at least twice a day, when you wake up and before you go to sleep.It is also beneficial to do them if you feel stressed, anxious or are in pain.
For more information contact me at www.lindaledwidge.com
My challenge to those of you who are up for it is to notice what your body is telling you.
Over the next week notice how you react to different people and situations.
Do you spend more time in a heavy body or a light body?
What feels better to you?
Let me know how you get on, and remember…. you always have a choice!
If you would like to know more about FasterEFT and how to FLIP IT please feel free to contact me: email@example.com or click here.
You can also see FasterEFT guru Robert G. Smith at work here.
Since the beginning of time the wise ones have known that food is medicine.
Many people today do not think about what they eat in this way.
Our body cannot thrive or survive without balance. Our body will do whatever it takes to maintain balance, it will take whatever nutrients it requires from the body´s own stores, it will oxygenate the vital organs before the hair, nails and skin and it will compensate for physical imbalance of the skeleton.
The most vital balance in the body is the acid / alkaline balance also known as PH balance.
Our blood PH has a very small range of between 7.35 - 7.45.
OUR BODY PH BALANCE IS VITAL TO OUR LIFE and OUR HEALTH !
An imbalance in the body´s PH may lead to serious health issues such as:
Weight gain / loss
and many more
........and, if left unchecked eventually death.
Research has proven that disease CANNOT SURVIVE in an alkaline environment, however it THRIVES in an acidic environment.
We all have different nutritional requirements, however if out blood is not alkaline, we will become unwell.
There are 2 types of nutrition that we have to look at :
If our intrinsic nutrition is not working efficiently our diet is ineffective. You can eat and drink a "healthy" diet however if the body is unable to get the nutrients to the cells and the cells are unable to process it you are wasting your time.
In order for our intrinsic nutrition to function it requires :
ALL of the above are easy to achieve.
If you are interested in reaching and maintaining your optimum health contact me NOW!
Some health experts believe that our pH balance is extremely important, others say it is essential, there are a few who clearly state that it is a matter of life and death. The only people who don't emphasize the alkaline/acidity balance as central to health are quacks that peddle a pharmaceutical pill for every ill, a drug for every bug.
pH stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal pH is slightly alkaline - 7.30 to 7.45. You can test your pH levels regularly by using a piece of litmus paper in your saliva or urine first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
I have found that addressing an over acidic system is fundamental to bringing the body back to vitality. As you will see it is key to balancing all other systems.
1.Digestive System - Most digestive disorders, such as indigestion, nausea, bloating, gastric reflux, are symptoms caused by excess acid in the gastric region and not enough alkaline minerals in the intestinal tract. If the alkaline minerals from enzyme rich foods are missing then the pancreas will become exhausted, and once the pancreas is exhausted, it loses the ability to decode the food and tell the body what to do with it. This will lead to a degenerative spiral of entropy where organs become confused and inflamed.
2. Circulatory System - Acidity is the principal cause of heart disease. It is well established that many fats are extremely important and essential for cardiovascular health. Good fats can actually help heal the inflammation that underlies arteriosclerosis. When the arteries thicken with plague it is not as a response to good fats, it is inflammation created by the internal acidic environment. The body responds to the acidity by lining the vessels with fatty plaques to prevent life-threatening leaks, which arrest imminent death, but strain the heart because the aperture for the blood to flow through is narrower. When the heart becomes completely exhausted, this is known as a heart attack.
3. Immune System - Acidic environments are breeding grounds for anaerobic pathogens whereas the high levels hydrogen of rich body fluids keeps bad bacteria inactive. As the great scientist, Antoine Béchamp famously observed 'The germ is nothing, the terrain is everything.' Whether bad bacteria and pathogens incubate or remain dormant, all depends on the ratio of cellular pH. The germ theory is a narrow view that has been adopted by the current medical establishment, which conveniently relies on a profitable cut, burn, and poison approach to sickness. Surgery, radiation, and pharmaceutical drugs are an invasive approach that is ineffective because they work against the body's natural functions to heal itself, and it fails to address the underlying cause and only treats the symptoms.
4. Respiratory System - When the tissues and organs are overloaded by acidity the transport of oxygen is strangled. This suffocation means the cells cannot breathe properly. Every cell in our body needs to breathe new oxygen and to clear acidic carbon dioxide to function correctly. When the ratio of acidity is too high then wastes in the form of mucus and infections and viruses build up in our lungs, which leads to colds, bronchitis, asthma, etc.
5. Skeletal System - Arthritis is one of the most disabling diseases in developed countries. The word arthritis means "inflammation of the joint" and is used to describe pain, stiffness, and swelling in the joints. The two main form of arthritis are Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis. Both forms are related to pH imbalance and accumulation of acid deposits in the joints and wrists. It is this accumulated acid that damages cartilage. When the cells that produce the lubricating synovial fluids and bursa fluids are acidic, this condition causes a dryness that irritates and swells the joints. When uric acid builds up it tends to deposit in the form of crystals, like broken glass in the feet, hands, knees and back. Osteoarthritis is not a 'wear-and-tear' condition. .
6. Integumentary System - Commonly know as the skin. When the body's pH is out of balance then the build up of acid causes inflammation and the skin is less able to function as a natural barrier against infection. As a result, the skin tends to develop lesions and sores open to the surface of the body, and the formation of skin eruptions occur like pimples or rashes.
7. Nervous System - Acidity weakens the nervous system by depriving it of energy. This is also known as 'devitalizing' or 'enervation'. It makes the physical, mental, and emotional body weak.
8. Excretory System - This is also known as the urinary system. It is made up of multiple organs, the main one being the kidneys. The kidneys perform the task of filtering fluids and purifying our blood. If the body is overwhelmed by excess acids, compensatory mechanisms spring into action, one of them is the pulling of alkaline minerals from your bones and dumping them in the blood. If this occurs frequently enough, the minerals build up in the kidneys in the form of painful kidney stones.
9. Muscular System - When acidity increases in the muscle cells, it disrupts the metabolism breakdown of glucose and oxygen to energy. This means muscles perform poorly in an acidic environment. An alkaline system on the other hand allows for much better aerobic metabolism and energy for the body's recovery from strenuous exercise. I can often observe when someone is acidic from their breathing because they take large gulping inhales while doing the simplest tasks like walking and talking, which suggests their body finds it difficult to adequately deliver oxygen into the cells - a symptom of acidosis.
10. Reproductive System - Still much research is being done to discover the exact link between sexual dysfunction and acidity and also infertility and acidity. Many health experts that claim acidity is correlated with three different disorders in reproductive health:
1. Decreases male and female arousal.
2. Decreases sexual enjoyment and particularly female satisfaction/climax.
3. Decreases fertility and increases the tendency to miscarry.
There are many more diseases and disorders that are associated with an acidic condition - cataracts, osteoporosis, gout, cancer, migraines, constipation, morning sickness, stroke, allergies, diabetes, obesity, etc. With this awareness of how acidity affects us, we can all choose to make informed and empowered healthy decisions for wellness and inner peace.
Abstract from MindBodyGreen - www.mindbodygreen.com
Linda Ledwidge -
Qualified General Nurse
Certified Practioner Level IV