Thoughts and insights from a Holistic Health practitioner
My challenge to those of you who are up for it is to notice what your body is telling you.
Over the next week notice how you react to different people and situations.
Do you spend more time in a heavy body or a light body?
What feels better to you?
Let me know how you get on, and remember…. you always have a choice!
If you would like to know more about FasterEFT and how to FLIP IT please feel free to contact me: email@example.com or click here.
You can also see FasterEFT guru Robert G. Smith at work here.
Since the beginning of time the wise ones have known that food is medicine.
Many people today do not think about what they eat in this way.
Our body cannot thrive or survive without balance. Our body will do whatever it takes to maintain balance, it will take whatever nutrients it requires from the body´s own stores, it will oxygenate the vital organs before the hair, nails and skin and it will compensate for physical imbalance of the skeleton.
The most vital balance in the body is the acid / alkaline balance also known as PH balance.
Our blood PH has a very small range of between 7.35 - 7.45.
OUR BODY PH BALANCE IS VITAL TO OUR LIFE and OUR HEALTH !
An imbalance in the body´s PH may lead to serious health issues such as:
Weight gain / loss
and many more
........and, if left unchecked eventually death.
Research has proven that disease CANNOT SURVIVE in an alkaline environment, however it THRIVES in an acidic environment.
We all have different nutritional requirements, however if out blood is not alkaline, we will become unwell.
There are 2 types of nutrition that we have to look at :
If our intrinsic nutrition is not working efficiently our diet is ineffective. You can eat and drink a "healthy" diet however if the body is unable to get the nutrients to the cells and the cells are unable to process it you are wasting your time.
In order for our intrinsic nutrition to function it requires :
ALL of the above are easy to achieve.
If you are interested in reaching and maintaining your optimum health contact me NOW!
Are you on stand by?
We all know what stand by is, don´t we. The television is on stand by, ready to pop on at the touch of a button, the computer is on stand by to save us having to wait for it to load when we want to use it and we go on stand by ready to fly when there is a seat available.
Have you noticed how much of your life you spend on stand by?
For our body that stand by state is when the mind and body are disconnected. The communication is interrupted. When the mind and the body are connected and in harmony, the body uses its own innate intelligence to self-heal, self medicate and regenerate. When our body is functioning optimally our mind and body work together to maintain the delicate balance that is necessary for health and happiness. There is a connection that flows between the mind and the body, an energetic connection as well as a physical one.
We all know that our body needs the flow of blood and oxygen to function, don´t we? What most people do not realise is that we also have an energy flow. It's a bit like an electric current. Just because we cannot see electricity doesn´t mean it's not there. We rely on it every day, we know that if there is a disconnection in the circuit the electricity will not flow and we will have no power. Our body works in the same way, with our energy flow. Our energy flow responds to how we FEEL. As soon as we feel in any way "negative" our energy flow becomes disrupted, our body goes into stress mode, we disconnect and go into "stand by". In order to function optimally we have to reconnect that supply............and its easy!
FasterEFT is a powerful tool that helps us to reconnect, easily and quickly restoring the mind/body connection and allowing us to switch back on.
FasterEFT (or tapping) works by tapping on the body´s acupoints. By doing this we are telling the subconscious mind that we are safe, this means that the stress hormones are replaced by the relaxation hormones. We can now operate from a relaxed point of view and with clarity..............and most importantly this gets you out of the way and allows the body to do what it does naturally, which is, self-heal, self-medicate and regenerate.
Contact me NOW for more details.
Some health experts believe that our pH balance is extremely important, others say it is essential, there are a few who clearly state that it is a matter of life and death. The only people who don't emphasize the alkaline/acidity balance as central to health are quacks that peddle a pharmaceutical pill for every ill, a drug for every bug.
pH stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal pH is slightly alkaline - 7.30 to 7.45. You can test your pH levels regularly by using a piece of litmus paper in your saliva or urine first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
I have found that addressing an over acidic system is fundamental to bringing the body back to vitality. As you will see it is key to balancing all other systems.
1.Digestive System - Most digestive disorders, such as indigestion, nausea, bloating, gastric reflux, are symptoms caused by excess acid in the gastric region and not enough alkaline minerals in the intestinal tract. If the alkaline minerals from enzyme rich foods are missing then the pancreas will become exhausted, and once the pancreas is exhausted, it loses the ability to decode the food and tell the body what to do with it. This will lead to a degenerative spiral of entropy where organs become confused and inflamed.
2. Circulatory System - Acidity is the principal cause of heart disease. It is well established that many fats are extremely important and essential for cardiovascular health. Good fats can actually help heal the inflammation that underlies arteriosclerosis. When the arteries thicken with plague it is not as a response to good fats, it is inflammation created by the internal acidic environment. The body responds to the acidity by lining the vessels with fatty plaques to prevent life-threatening leaks, which arrest imminent death, but strain the heart because the aperture for the blood to flow through is narrower. When the heart becomes completely exhausted, this is known as a heart attack.
3. Immune System - Acidic environments are breeding grounds for anaerobic pathogens whereas the high levels hydrogen of rich body fluids keeps bad bacteria inactive. As the great scientist, Antoine Béchamp famously observed 'The germ is nothing, the terrain is everything.' Whether bad bacteria and pathogens incubate or remain dormant, all depends on the ratio of cellular pH. The germ theory is a narrow view that has been adopted by the current medical establishment, which conveniently relies on a profitable cut, burn, and poison approach to sickness. Surgery, radiation, and pharmaceutical drugs are an invasive approach that is ineffective because they work against the body's natural functions to heal itself, and it fails to address the underlying cause and only treats the symptoms.
4. Respiratory System - When the tissues and organs are overloaded by acidity the transport of oxygen is strangled. This suffocation means the cells cannot breathe properly. Every cell in our body needs to breathe new oxygen and to clear acidic carbon dioxide to function correctly. When the ratio of acidity is too high then wastes in the form of mucus and infections and viruses build up in our lungs, which leads to colds, bronchitis, asthma, etc.
5. Skeletal System - Arthritis is one of the most disabling diseases in developed countries. The word arthritis means "inflammation of the joint" and is used to describe pain, stiffness, and swelling in the joints. The two main form of arthritis are Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis. Both forms are related to pH imbalance and accumulation of acid deposits in the joints and wrists. It is this accumulated acid that damages cartilage. When the cells that produce the lubricating synovial fluids and bursa fluids are acidic, this condition causes a dryness that irritates and swells the joints. When uric acid builds up it tends to deposit in the form of crystals, like broken glass in the feet, hands, knees and back. Osteoarthritis is not a 'wear-and-tear' condition. .
6. Integumentary System - Commonly know as the skin. When the body's pH is out of balance then the build up of acid causes inflammation and the skin is less able to function as a natural barrier against infection. As a result, the skin tends to develop lesions and sores open to the surface of the body, and the formation of skin eruptions occur like pimples or rashes.
7. Nervous System - Acidity weakens the nervous system by depriving it of energy. This is also known as 'devitalizing' or 'enervation'. It makes the physical, mental, and emotional body weak.
8. Excretory System - This is also known as the urinary system. It is made up of multiple organs, the main one being the kidneys. The kidneys perform the task of filtering fluids and purifying our blood. If the body is overwhelmed by excess acids, compensatory mechanisms spring into action, one of them is the pulling of alkaline minerals from your bones and dumping them in the blood. If this occurs frequently enough, the minerals build up in the kidneys in the form of painful kidney stones.
9. Muscular System - When acidity increases in the muscle cells, it disrupts the metabolism breakdown of glucose and oxygen to energy. This means muscles perform poorly in an acidic environment. An alkaline system on the other hand allows for much better aerobic metabolism and energy for the body's recovery from strenuous exercise. I can often observe when someone is acidic from their breathing because they take large gulping inhales while doing the simplest tasks like walking and talking, which suggests their body finds it difficult to adequately deliver oxygen into the cells - a symptom of acidosis.
10. Reproductive System - Still much research is being done to discover the exact link between sexual dysfunction and acidity and also infertility and acidity. Many health experts that claim acidity is correlated with three different disorders in reproductive health:
1. Decreases male and female arousal.
2. Decreases sexual enjoyment and particularly female satisfaction/climax.
3. Decreases fertility and increases the tendency to miscarry.
There are many more diseases and disorders that are associated with an acidic condition - cataracts, osteoporosis, gout, cancer, migraines, constipation, morning sickness, stroke, allergies, diabetes, obesity, etc. With this awareness of how acidity affects us, we can all choose to make informed and empowered healthy decisions for wellness and inner peace.
Abstract from MindBodyGreen - www.mindbodygreen.com
Linda Ledwidge -
Qualified General Nurse
Certified Practioner Level IV
Disclaimer.The information and advice published on or made available through this website is not intended to replace the services of your physician. The user should consult a physician in all matters relating to his or her health, and particularly in respect to any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention. The practitioner makes no representations or warranties with respect to any information offered or provided on or through this website regarding treatment, action, or application of medication. COPYRIGHT © 2012 - Linda Ledwidge. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO USE ANY PART OF THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE. LANGUAGE, LETTERS AND WORDS ARE UNIVERSAL PROPERTY AND I HAVE NO RIGHTS OVER ANY OF THEM. I ENCOURAGE YOU TO USE MY WORK FREELY AND THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT.